Monday, January 30, 2012

January Luxe Box - FINALLY!!!

Luxe Box was a little late this month, but it's all good.  Now, on to the good stuff - the unveiling!


This month, Loosebutton sent out two boxes - their regular and a Bath and Body one.  It's like a little bonus for the long wait that we all had to endure!  




When I opened up the regular box, I was shocked that it was packed full of products.  Usually, it's loosely packed with products.  In total, there were 5 "items" (one was a sachet full of items.  

Pur Minerals 4 in 1 Foundation - $31
This is a pressed mineral make-up in Blush/Medium.  It also contains SPF15.  At first, I thought that it was definitely too dark for me, but once I swatched it, it's a perfect match.  It's a seamless colour blend.  I took a picture of the swatch, but you can't tell that there's anything - except there is a smoother patch of skin than the rest (so that's a good thing right?).  This product is super charged with shea butter and vitamin E.  It has a nourishing formula that is key to flawless looking skin in 60 seconds or less.  I think that I'm just going to use it as a setting powder or something like that.  I normally need medium coverage and this will probably provide light coverage.

On the card, it says that it's a full size product, but I don't think that mine is because a full sized product is 8g and my size is 4.3g.  Essentially, my product is worth $16.67.  














Olay Regenerist - Wrinkle Revolution Complex - Full Size 15 ml $60
Watch as micro-fillers and light diffusing particles smooth the look of fine lines right before your eyes.  This wrinkle treatment's formula also hydrates to reduce the appearance of deep lines in just 14 days.  To be used twice a day, every day (of course).
This sample arrived in the nick of time!  I didn't really have any real eye creams left and with this weird winter, my poor under eye areas were feeling a little sensitive and dry.  I know that this is a wrinkle cream, but it'll be packed full of moisturizers, so it'll be good for me.  It's smooth and goes on really well.  Rubs right in, and absorbs quite quickly.  It smells like salon shampoo.  I love it.  
My sample size is 7ml, valued at $28.  Wow!














Loose Button - MYSCENT
This is a collection of 6 scent samples that Loose Button put together "just for me".
Prada "Candy", Prada "Infusion d'Iris, Nina Ricci "L'Air du Temps", Nina Ricci "Nina, Paco Rabanne "Black XS for Her" and Paco Rabanne "Lady Million".  Not to be critical, okay, maybe just a little, but these weren't just picked out for me.  From watching youtube and seeing/reading what others have gotten, they seemed to have all gotten the same scents.  Could it be that we all have the same tastes?  I doubt it.  I know for a fact that I do not like the Paco Rabanne Black XS for her because I got that in last month's box.  Nina Ricci's L'Air (I think that my mom used to wear this scent, but it definitely didn't smell like what I sprayed) gave me a headache.  It's too floral and baby powder-ish.  Two scents that I absolutely hate.  I do love the two Pradas and I don't mind the other Nina Ricci scent.  The one thing that kind of disappointed me was the size of these samples.  Once again, these are samples that I could have easily gotten from the department stores.  Glymm, you've set the bar high!  Including perfume samples like this is very touch and go for me.  I mean, they could totally miss the mark and I'm left feeling disappointed because I got some perfume samples, but they could totally hit the mark and I'm left impressed.  It's such a crap shoot....I'd just rather they not include it because perfume samples are such an individual thing.  I'm not going to bother trying to price these samples out.  


NYX - Mega Shine Lipgloss - Full Size 11ml - $8

This is their signature gloss that is formulated with mineral and lanolin oils to hydrate and condition lips.  High impact colour's combined with a lacquer finish provides unparalleled shine.  Once again...another lip gloss.  I've found it a very good home.  Actually, I'm swapping with a girlfriend of mine.  She received the eye liner, so we're doing a tradesies.  The colour that I got is called Cosmo.  It's a very bronze peachy colour with gold shimmer. Very sun kissed kind of look.  I think that it's a beautiful shade, but I don't wear glosses, so really, this product is wasted on me. The sample that I received is a full size sample.  


BONUS: Seattle's Best Coffee, Level 3.  I'm more of a tea drinker, but I do drink coffee once a week - Mondays, just to get my system going for the week.  Though, for today, it utterly failed.  I know this coffee to be the one that is carried at convenience stores where I live.  It always smells great.  This is a bean/ground coffee and not instant...so it will require a brewing machine of some sort or a press.  A coupon for a $1.00 off was included.


BATH AND BODY BONUS BOX


First off, I must say, I really like the contrasting black and white boxes.  Very hip.  As a special way to start off the year, they've included this bonus box, which they've called LuxeBox, Bath and Body edition (okay, I made that last part up..kinda).  It included two items - Schick Hydro Silk Razor and Fekkai Advanced Brilliant Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner combo.  Also included was a Shoppers Drug Mart Limited Time Offer to receive 8000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points with the purchase of any Fekkai Hair care product.   

The Schick Hydro Silk Razor is a 5-blade system that has water activated moisturizing serums that hydrates like no other razor leaving the skin feeling silky smooth.  The value of this full sized product is $13.99.  I'm excited about the razor because it's something that I've been wanting to try, but not willing to spend the money.  Plus, I've been happy with my Schick Quattro.  

I'm still disappointed about not being able to reserve any of the products again this month.  I don't think that I'll ever be able to, just because I live where I live and by the time that I've received my email, everything will most likely already be reserved and long gone.  There's about a two hour difference between where the email originates and where I am, so already, the east coasters have an advantage.  Have any west coasters been able to successfully reserve anything?

Overall, I liked this LuxeBox.  I like it better than last month's box because there are more products in this box that I would use.  The value of this box is out of this world (approximately $68.66).  I can say that for this month's battle of the boxes, LuxeBox wins.  Not because they sent two boxes of goodies, but because overall, the products weren't disappointing and completely sample like.  How did you like yours?

5 comments:

  1. Nice review! I was pretty happy with my Luxe Box too (I'll have my review up tomorrow probably). I got the same perfume pack, full size NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil, full size NYX Lipstick, coffee and I was able to reserve something from their "First in Line" program and I'm 3 hours behind, but of course it wasn't any of the Benefit products. It was the Curl Keeper...for my straight hair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky! I'm just going to have to keep trying to reserve something! Any tips on getting that reservation? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just pure luck...I just happened to check my email at some weird time of the day and there it was...I think everyone who got Benefit products though were out on the East Coast.

      Delete
  3. I have subscribed to Topbox and Glossybox. I won't get my first Topbox 'til May but I am getting a Glossybox this month! I agree with your opinion on the perfume samples- it seems like a bit of a cop out. However, I LOVE Candy by Prada, it is my every day scent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of all the samples that I received, Candy by Prada is also my favourite! I've signed up for Glossybox too - can't wait to see what we'll get!

      Delete