Tuesday, June 5, 2012

May's GlossyBox

GlossyBox is quickly becoming one of my favourite boxes.  Really!  It is!  I don't know what it is that makes it one of my favourites...the box is this beautiful powder pink colour and really good quality.  Oh yeah, and the products aren't too bad either!  HAHAHA.

Unfortunately, there was a bit of a snafu and I didn't get a tracking number for the box, but  GlossyBox had posted something on their Facebook page to let us know.  When I picked it up, I couldn't believe how HEAVY it was - again!  Last month's box was super heavy too.  That got me really excited!  Heavy boxes = full sized samples!!!!  YIPPPEEE!!!!  And as always, it's smelling simply delightful!  I didn't get an information card this month with my box, so I'm going to wing it.  
First up is a FULL SIZED Professional Sebastian Volupt Volume Boosting Shampoo.  WOOT WOOT!!!  This shampoo contains cushioning particles to provide a volume boost and soft touch to your hair.  It also contains natural bamboo extracts.  It smells fantastic.  Snaps for great smelling hair.
Next up is Curel Foot Therapy.  It is a soothing cream for dry, cracked feet.  This doesn't look to be a full size, but it is a fairly good size (100ml).  Perfect for travelling.  It is infused with shea butter, coconut milk and vitamin E to help build a 24 hour hydration barrier.  I'm happy to have it, but I doubt that it'll beat out my Rocky Mountain Soap Foot Butter (two applications and your feet are soft as a baby's bottom!).
The next two products are probably the ones that I'm most excited to try.  Simple Eye Make Up Remover and Simple Refreshing Facial Wash.  I've been wanting to try out their products, but just haven't gotten around to deciding which one I wanted to try our first.  So now, the decision has been made for me!  They are pretty big deluxe sizes (once again, probably the same a travel size), so it'll contain enough uses for me to be able to do reviews on them.  
The last product is from BOXX Cosmetics and I'm assuming that it's a full size.  A little about the company - Boxx Cosmetics is a Canadian cosmetics company where everything is designed and made in Canada.  I received a cream corrector in Evelia (Medium shade with pink undertones.  Best for those with light to medium skin).  It might be a little dark for my skin tone.  This cream corrector can be used as foundation or concealer and it's supposed to be able to cover all those little imperfections (including under eye circles, sun damage and broken capillaries).  This is formulated without paragons, formaldehyde donors, phthalates, gluten (? - hey, I don't question...), animal derived ingredients and oils.  One thing that seems odd about this is, is the packaging.  It is minimalistic packaging (which is fantastic) but it also makes the assumption that you will have a magnetic case for it, as I think that it would be awkward to use in the plastic container it came it and probably would dry out faster because already, my plastic container isn't sealing properly)  The value of this product (as per the website) is $24. The cream corrector alone covers the cost of the box ($15).
What a fantastic box!  I'll have to give it a 5 out of 5 rating for this month.  Usually, i end up giving away some of the products that I've received in my box because it wouldn't suit me or I'm just not interested, but with this month's box, I'm going to try every single product because I like it all!I

What do you think of this box?  Which item would you be most excited to try?

21 comments:

  1. I'm loving my May Glossy Box, very similar to yours. I'm very excited to try the Simple face wash gel and eye makeup remover. Do you know where to get those if I want to get some more, as I haven't seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen Simple products at Superstore (I think that it might be called Loblaws out east?), London Drugs and Shopper's Drug mart. I haven't been to a Rexall lately, so I can't tell you if they carry them! Hope that this helps!!! :)

      Delete
  2. This was an awesome box! Guess what? I just bought a a travel set of the Simple products, I am sooo excited to see how they work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I hope that you do a review on them!

      Delete
    2. Will do one for sure!! I am just going to give it a couple more days:)

      Delete
  3. Great box! Simple skincare stuff is really nice, I haven't tried the makeup remover tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty happy with this box. Especially with all the Simple stuff! :)

      Delete
  4. 5/5? Thats awesome! I am super intrigued by the smashbox do-it-all product!
    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the concealer, it is sooo smooth and creamy. I agree that the packaging is a little odd, though.

    I am hosting a 150 follower BENEFIT COSMETICS giveaway, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting for the weekend to try it out (when I don't have to look perfect! :P) and I hope that it turns out all okay. I'm more worried about the shade than anything.

      Delete
    2. Every box I have seen has that concealer in it! I swear mine is the only box that didn't haha. Probably for the best though - I have too many! I love reading all your reviews though!! xx

      Delete
  6. I was most excited about the Simple products too! I know what you mean about the packaging for the boxx cream concealer. I was just fortunate that I had my UNII palette and was able to just throw it in there. I wonder what everyone else is doing with theirs if they don't have anything to put it in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a palette too, but I just don't know where I put it. :(

      Delete
  7. lovely... cant wait Glossy box to start in India
    btw returning your visit and following you back.... *.*

    www.lipglossaffairs.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though I personally don't subscribe to any beauty boxes, from what I've seen GlossyBox does seem to be the best!
    I've tried the Simple Eye make up remover and unfortunately my eyes were too sensitive for it :( it does a good job though although I have tried better.
    The concealer looks interesting, I do hope you'll share a review on it once you've tested it out as I'm currently on the hunt for my HG concealer :P

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback on the eye make up remover. I don't think that I have sensitive eyes, but we will have to see when I use it! :)

      My HG concealer will always be the MAC Studio finish concealer in the pot or the Make Up Forever HD Full Coverage extreme coverage concealer in the tube. It's all I've ever used so far in my makeup wearing life, so it'll be interesting to see how this Boxx concealer holds up!

      Delete
  9. I would LOVE to try the simple products... since I never tried any of them yet!
    Everyone keeps on talking about them!

    New follower now! :)

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would be most excited about the Sebastian Shampoo! I like your writing style and am joining on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited about the Sebastian Shampoo too (I'm nearly done my current one so I get to use this one next!)

      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  11. Totally agree about the awesomeness of this box. Great products this time!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, great products :) I have used quite a few simple products and the eye make-up remover is really nice to use.

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete