Saturday, June 9, 2012

Best Pedi Ever!

Over the past couple of months, I've amassed a ton of pedicure products from my Julep Maven boxes.  I usually don't pay that much attention to my feet because it seems like the more that I do, the worse that they look.  Especially those heels!  They really take a beating.  Some of the pedicure products that I've received is a pedicure file, the "Best Pedi Prep Ever!" and the "Best Pedi Creme Ever!" - all full sized products.  Rather than letting them go to waste, like I normally would have done, I decided to test them out.


First things first, though, my normal pedi routine consists of using this Revlon Callus Remover.  It seriously looks like a metal hurt contraption.  And then, I finish off my lazy-person routine with the Rocky Mountain Foot Butter and moisturizing socks (maybe.)



With the "Julep" system, you roll on the prep (contains super exfoliating AHAs and chamomile extract) and wait 2-3 minutes for it to soften and exfoliate your heel.  You do not have to soak your feet beforehand. Then you file your heels like your life depended on it.  The file that Julep sells did not outlast the pedicure session.  It was a little on the cheap side and the water seemed to break down the glue that held the "sanding paper" piece on.  Yes, we shall stick with that story - I refuse to believe that it was my heel that broke the file.  :P You rinse your feet and then you apply the creme. 
The cheap foot file aside, my heels did feel really nice and smooth at the end of the session.  The prep roll on was a little bit of a weird experience for me - just because I wasn't used to it.  I couldn't really tell how much product I was supposed apply, and it was often hard to tell if any had actually rolled on (especially if your feet are already wet).  The creme had a nice foot creamy- coconutty smell, not too thick and absorbed quite nicely.  
I probably wouldn't do this treatment often, as I usually don't have the time for it, but it was nice to kind of pamper myself.  Would you try this out?  What is your tried and true pedicure routine?

5 comments:

  1. I hate working on my feet! Nails are so much more fun! I try to pumice the crap out of them in the shower, but generally, I just go get pedicures which reminds me that I should get one tomorrow! Good for you for pampering your feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting pedicures, but often can't find the time! :( Maybe I should start making that time! :P

      Delete
  2. The SAME EXACT THING happened to my Julep file I was so pissed lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? There's nothing worse than only being able to use a product ONCE and then having to throw it away - especially when it wasn't meant for single use! I'm very glad to know that it wasn't my heel that broke it! :P

      Delete
  3. I have been using the Julep best pedi roll on. But sometimes I really don't have the patience to wait 4 mins for it to soak in and with the roll on, hard to see how much I'm applying. The Rocky Mountain products are great, according to hubby. Sometimes just hard to find stores which carry them. Hubby goes skiing in the west a few times a year and easier to find those there for sure.

    ReplyDelete