Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March TopBox!

I can honestly say that I have been waiting a very long time for this baby to come home to momma!  I've heard nothing but great things about Top Box...and heck the waiting list for this box is insane!  I had signed up for this at the end of November and I'm finally receiving my first TopBox!  I hope that the wait was well worth it!  This box is $10 a month with free shipping (tracking number included).  Tax is on top of the $10.  You will receive 4 deluxe samples in your box every month.


I really like how minimalist the packaging is.  It's the cylinder and then packaging paper wrap on the outside.  No ribbons, no extra boxes, just simple plain packaging.  It comes in this gorgeous decorative cylinder that opens on one end.  At the very top, there was a card telling me that this month's box was special because there was going to be a 5th item!  Who doesn't like more stuff?  When I first opened it, I was greeted by a small purple square note.  And then I saw the famous (okay, maybe not famous...) purple tissue paper.  Mine held the special 5th item.


Cargo Cosmetics - Eye Shadow - $24 (Full Size 7ml)
Sample Size - 3.5g $12.  As I've said before, I've always been a fan of Cargo Cosmetics, but I don't actually own a lot of their products.  On my card, it says that this is a personalized shade.  It's called Carmel and it's this soft pale pink with a touch of taupe.  It's very silky and quite pigmented.  One thing I hate about eye shadows is some of them can be quite loose - this is not one of them!  I really liked the texture of it, but the true test is if it can stand my 14 hour days without creasing on my oily lids.  I think that this would be a great highlighting shade.



Redken - Color Extend - Full Sized Shampoo $15 (300ml), Full Sized Conditioner $17 (300ml)
Oh my disappointed heart.  Why oh why do they insist on sending shampoos for colour treated hair?  I know for a fact that I did not choose colour treated hair for hair type.  Why?  Because I don't colour my hair!!!!  This is the same product that I had previously received in another of my boxes (I think that it was my last LuxeBox - the Flare Special Edition).  And once again, they look like samples that you would get out of magazines. I'm not even going to try and attempt to put a price on my sample size, though I did receive two of each (shampoo and conditioner).


mark. Gloss Gorgeous Stay On Lip Balm Stain - $12 full size 1.5g
I received a full sized product.  YAY for full sized products!  Once again, on my card, it says that this is a personalized shade.  At first, when I saw the colour on the pen, I was worried, thinking that this is NOT my colour at all.  Then I swatched and I loved it!  It's a beautiful peachy pink gloss with flecks of gold shimmer in it.  The best part - it smells like MINT!  Delish!  It's quite thick and was a little hard to remove.  There was a sticky residue when I tried to wipe the swatch off.


mark. Nailed It Trend Mini Nail Lacquers - $8 full size 2.7ml each
Sample size was a full size.  These mini polishes are fun for spring and great for on-the-go.  The dark purple is a shocking purple with shimmer and the light purple is a solid lilac.  I've never tried mark nail polishes before, so I can't speak to the quality, but they are very fun shades all the same - especially the dark purple.  I'll wear darks all year round if I could!
Simple Sensitive Skin Experts Cleansing Facial Wipes - $10.99 full size 25 wipes
Sample size $3.07 for 7 wipes.  I have never heard of this company before, but apparently, they are UK's #1 skincare range.  These facial wipes are enriched with Pro-Vitamin B that will refresh your skin with moisture.  It's also strong enough to remove waterproof mascara.  I'm glad that there were more than ONE wipe (I'm looking at you Kaia bamboo wipes!), so I can properly test these out before I decide whether or not I want to purchase them.  This package is perfect for travelling, which I will be shortly and I'll definitely be bringing them with me!

Overall, I like this box but I'm not completely wowed by this box...perhaps I had very high expectations.  I think that it might have something to do with the fact that there were mark (Avon's "young" brand.  It targets those in their teens to perhaps mid-twenties?) products in there, which I don't really consider "high end" products because most of the products are cheaper than drugstore products.  One funny thing though is that I was considering ordering the Mini Lacquers the other day through my Avon Rep at work, so I'm glad that I didn't and instead got them in this box.  The other disappointing thing is the shampoo and conditioner were colour treated hair.  

Total Value of March's Top Box - $35.07.

Rating of March's Top Box - 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment