Friday, May 25, 2012

Chanel Eclat Lumiere Review

I purchased this quite a while ago but just haven't had the chance to bust this out until now.  This is definitely one of my more pricier concealers, but was it worth it?
The Chanel consultant recommended this to me as something to put underneath my regular concealer.  She said that the salmon tint would offset and brighten the under eye area.  As you can see in the picture, it's quite the light salmon shade.  
This is a twist pen type of packaging (at the bottom), which I kind of don't like.  I had to twist twice to get the product going and then I had to twist another 15 times to get more product.  When I twisted it for the 16th time, a BUNCH of product came out (what a waste!).  Seems like you can't really control how much product comes out and when.  Or, it could just be that I'm impatient.  Nah.

The formulation is quite runny and I found that you needed to apply at least two layers of the product before the under eye circles were neutralized.  Because it goes on salmon-y in colour, you will need to put concealer on top to even out the skin, plus your setting powder.  That makes for a lot of product.  The product is quite sticky, which is deceiving because it came out of the pen so runny.  You don't need to let it dry before you put on your concealer.  It is quite light (even after concealer and setting powder) and I hardly felt it on my face.  It did last all day, despite a few accidental eye rubs here and there.
HAHA!  I look a little crossed eyed.
Left side is concealed with Eclat Lumiere and Clinique's Line Smoothing Eye Concealer on top.
Right Side has no concealer.
I found that it helped fill in the lines a little better when used in conjunction with the Clinique Line Smoothing Eye Concealer.


I don't think that this is a product that I would use everyday, as it is quite expensive ($40 at The Bay).  Plus, I don't feel so comfortable wearing so much under eye make up everyday - but I have been because I love it!


Did I like this product?  YES!  Will I repurchase?  YES!  


There's still time to enter my 50 Followers Giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. Is this sort of like the YSL Touche Eclat? It sort of sounds similar. You can see a difference in the picture you posted and I'm happy you found something you love! And the twisty things scare me too because it almost always comes out in this huge mess and then I try to shove it all back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Touche Eclat is more like a highlighter, this is more like "heavy duty" dark circle badness concealer. :P They did have other shades, so I guess if you purchase a lighter shade it would be similar to YSL, but I think that it might be a little too heavy.

      Delete