Sunday, May 27, 2012

What the Truck????

This was such a cool and neat event that I just have to blog about it!!!  And I apologize for the late post, I wasn't able to get there until this past Thursday!  

I don't consider myself a food snob, but a borderline foodie.  I love going to diners as much as I like going to nice restaurants .

What the Truck is a really awesome event that was put together by one of the local business associations.  It's essentially a gathering of foodie food trucks.  YUMMMMMM!!!!!  This event only runs for the month of May.  4-5 gourmet food trucks gather in a local park just off one of our "trendiest" streets to sell you their wares.  The trucks that are there change from week to week, hence the "menu" changes from week to week.  
I am a HUGE food truck fan.  I don't know why.  Who doesn't want to eat Truffle Oil Tater Tots??  For $6?  C'mon!  :P  So when I heard about this event from a friend, I nearly freaked out.  But unfortunately, like I said before, life kept getting in the way and I couldn't get out there until this past Thursday.  I probably got there around 5:!5pm (the event starts at 5:00pm...and the line ups were already insane!  By 6:15pm, the trucks started to run out of food!!!!  It was a little disappointing to be standing in line for nearly an hour just to find out the "Bacon Bomb" was sold out.  *sad face*  I guess I have to look on the bright side, my heart was probably thanking the high skies that I wasn't able to get it. BUT...I am more than willing to take one for the team, so I'm planning on going again this Thursday, this time with more reinforcements and a plan of attack!  I'm NOT going to be thwarted.  But in the meantime, here are some shots that I took of the event, along with some other photos that I took during the week - I hope that you enjoy.  

Mini Heart Cucumbers from the Farmer's Market
Ummm...not all of this is for me.....



9 comments:

  1. Heart cucumbers are the cutest things...... EVER!
    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I always watching Eat St. on Food Network and wish that my town had cool food trucks! Your so lucky I would love to go to an event like that!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty neat. I love watching Eat St. Actually the Truffle Tater Tots is from one of the trucks that they featured on Eat St! :P

      Delete
  3. Ummm Truffle Oil Tater Tots?!! OMG, yummy!!! My mouth is just watering just looking at the pictures! I love food too. I just wish I had a much larger stomach to accommodate it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! That's what your fiance is for! You sample and he finishes it off! :P

      Delete
  4. ahh we need to have one of these events in calgary!!!
    or i can drive up there tomorrow... hmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drive up!!! Tomorrow is their last "What the Truck" event!! Though, they are having a HUGE "Truck Stop" event sometime in July or August where nearly all of the food trucks get together and feed the foodie masses!!!! I'll keep everyone posted!

      Delete
  5. omg how cute are those cucumbers! i wonder how the made them like that...

    ReplyDelete