Saturday, February 11, 2012

Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick in Yellow.

Physicians Formula is a brand that I quite like - for a drugstore brand.  Since I was looking for a colour corrector under my eyes, I was looking for something more on the organic side and just generally healthier/safer for my skin/eyes.  I have the Gentle Cover Concealer Stick in Green (to combat redness) and I love it.  It's great.  You never need a lot and it's nice and creamy.  So, when it came to looking for another one, I instantly thought of PF.  I bought mine at London Drugs for $7.99 (for 4.2g).  It wasn't too pricey like most PF products can be, so I picked it up.


It comes in a lipstick like format.  You can either use a concealer brush to apply (I use a lip brush) or you can apply it directly onto your skin like a lipstick.  Remember to use a primer.  I usually use my eye primer (Urban Decay) under there.  You'll need something that is fast drying and dries with a powder like consistency.  I think that face primer might be too thick of a product and face primer has a tendency to stay a little "wet" even though it's been "absorbed"/sitting on the skin.


My first impression was this was very creamy.  It was also very thick.  It spread well, but it also had a tendency to clump up.  Eeewww...right?  You're probably thinking, "Oh, well that means that you put too much product on".  Nope!  It's really the product itself.  I think, as it warms up, it starts to stick together and hence the clumping.  So you always need to ensure that you get the right amount of product on your skin the first go around.  You also have to be quick when blending it in, otherwise, that will cause the clumping too.  


Since you only need to use a tiny, tiny amount, this product will last you forever!  It has no smell to it, has great coverage, and is easy to remove. 



Would I recommend this product?  I don't know.  I mean, it works and I'll definitely keep using mine until it's done, but I probably wouldn't repurchase it.  Perhaps this was meant more for dry skin?  I definitely don't have dry skin.  I don't hate it, but I also don't love it.

2 comments:

  1. I am always wary of putting any makeup under my eyes. I am scared of developing milia. Have you had any problems with that at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, I've been lucky and haven't developed any milia (knock on wood and fingers crossed). But I've just started with covering up that area, so I'll have to keep my eye open for that! HAHAHA! Okay, that was a bad pun.... :)

    ReplyDelete