Friday, April 20, 2012

April TOPBOX

YAY for my second TopBox!  I wasn't super impressed with last month's (and my first) box, will this one do it for me?  


This month's box was an ode to Earth Day so it came in a recycled box.  It was very cute.  Honestly, TopBox's packaging is my favourite by far - it's so minimalist.  


There were four products and a small "bonus" in this month's TopBox.


Benefit - the POREfessional
I've been wanting to try this product for a while now.  It's supposed to minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines for smoother than smooth skin.  It is a translucent and oil free formula that dries to a powder finish.  This can also double up as primer of sorts, though I heard that it's not really good for combination to oily skin. One thing that I also noticed about this is that it has a really nice scent. 
Full Size: $34 for 22ml
Sample: $11.59 for 7.5ml


Principessa Beauty - Notte/Bianco Breeze Dry Shampoo (for dark shades)
I've never tried a dry shampoo before because I wash my hair everyday (personal preference), so this product isn't really for me, but I suppose that it would be nice to have this hanging around in case I ever needed it. I really like the packaging of this product, it's so cute and elegant.  This product was a personalized shade.
Full Size: $24 for 125g
Sample: $5.76 for 30g


MISA - Nail Lacquer (in High Waist Hue)
I have never heard of this brand before, but I really love the shade.  It's a taupe-y pink nude creme shade.  When I see nude shades, I think of elegance and versatility.  I can see myself wearing this everyday, yet I can see myself wearing this to a gala.  Misa's formula contains nano-silver particles to reduce chipping and is non-fading.  This product was a personalized shade.
Full Size: $8.99 for 15ml
Sample: $8.99 full size


Bella Pella - Tropical Flowers Body Lotion
I have never tried a Bella Pella product before so I was pretty happy that I could finally try this brand.  I'm usually pretty picky about body lotion because I have very dry skin and there's nothing I hate more than having that instant drink of moisture and then dryness 5 minutes after.  On my hands, this lotion smells absolutely delish and left my skin feeling so soft.  It has a light floral scent that is calming and refreshing.
Full Size: $15.95 for 175ml
Sample: $2.73 for 30ml


Bonus - Cargo blu-ray HD Pressed Powder
The sample included is a one time use sample.  It looks like you'll have to blot it on your face, which could create uneven coverage.  I think if you were to try and apply it with a brush, you'd lose too much product in the brush.  I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I really don't like samples like these.  You just can't gauge whether or not you'll like the product from one use, so why bother?
Total Value of this Month's Box : $29.07.  It's a little on the low end, but at least there were actual deluxe/full sized samples in this month's box which makes me very happy.  Even with the Principessa Beauty dry shampoo, I'm pretty happy with this box.


April TopBox Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.





8 comments:

  1. You have nice items. I am not very impressed with my LuxeBox. This will probably my last month's subscription. Looks like I will switch to Topbox soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with this box. Luxebox has been pretty meh for me too, I don't like the whole "MyScents" concept.

      Delete
  2. I love the nail polish colour! I am a huge fan of dry shampoo- do you work out? It's great for post-workout, or even if you wash your hair in the morning and need to go out at night and need extra volume in your roots! Very versatile product.
    I notice you changed your layout- no more side bar that allows us to see your past posts! Are you fiddling with it? It'd be nice to be able to go back to other months posts easily :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been playing around. I'll try and fix it so my past posts are near the top (I just moved them down to the bottom). :) Thanks for the feedback!

      I'll keep your tip in mind...I never thought of using it as a volume booster! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I didn't like my nail polish shade...it's very very sheer, but I loved everything else. I'm glad you were happier with this month's Topbox! I love your blue background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's too bad about your nail polish colour - i love the red, who would've thought that it'd be sheer?

      Congrats on TopBox using your review picture!!! :)

      Delete
  4. Love that nail polish colour! Thanks for the post, I love seeing whats in beauty boxes around the world :)
    Sharleena xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing (and being jealous!) of beauty boxes from around the world too!

      Delete