Friday, April 6, 2012

Love It or Leave It

I have a confession to make...I'm a little OCD.  Okay, maybe a lot.  I love lists.  I love making them, I love revising them.  As I cross items off my lists, I will re-write those lists.  I think that it's the rush of being able to cross something off that really turns me on.  So, starting this month and hopefully for the following months, I'll be starting a list - 3 loves or 3 hates for the month (or less - I'm just really hard to please either way!).  I know, for myself, I love reading other people's blogs or watching youtube videos of their favourites for the month, so I though, heck, I'm going to do that too!  So I hope that you'll like mine!


For the inaugural Love it or Leave it, it'll be a Leave It, unfortunately.  Since my skin has been changing, I've been having to look for new products to replace the older ones that no longer work for my skin...so it's been very stressful for me.  Especially, when i'm the type of person who once I find something that works, I buy in bulk in case it EVER runs out (*sigh* good bye my Lancome buffing powder....).


From L to R Top: PF Translucent Powder, PF Light Bronzer.
From L to R Bottom: PF Rose Blush and PF Natural blush.
Middle: NYX Felt Tip Liner
This month's bad boy listers are : Physician's Formula Happy Boost Light Bronzer duo pack, the Translucent Powder duo pack, and NYX Felt Tip Liner.


First up: Physician's Formula Happy Boost Light Bronzer duo pack.  This light bronzer came with the rose blush.  The product itself smells quite nice.  I can't remember what it reminds me of, but it's nice.  Unfortunately, once you apply it to your skin, the smell is gone or non existent.  This product is supposed to be "mood altering" because of the scent that the powder has.  Nope.  Trust me.  Still stressed out as ever at work.  The powder is quite shimmery, sheer and light.  It also seems to blend right out. Not exactly what I was looking for in a bronzer.  The blush wasn't any better either.  It was also quite sheer, though, I thought that this shade might be slightly better than the one that came with the translucent powder. Both were quite shimmery.  I was afraid that I was going to start looking like a Twilight vampire with all the shimmer on my face.


Second: Physician's Formula Happy Boost Translucent Powder duo pack.  Almost the exactly same as above in regards to the blush.  I essentially used the blush as a highlighter.  The Translucent Powder is very, very, very shimmery (can we say glitter bomb?).  So much so that it almost seemed to give my face a little bit of a grey cast to it.  Not exactly flattering.  I added bronzer so it wouldn't so bad, but I didn't like the feeling that I had all day knowing that I have five billion layers of make up on.


Last but not least, but probably the most infamous of the trio for this month - NYX Felt Tip Liner.  I can't even begin to say how awful this product was for me.  I had purchased it thinking, well, I loved the mascara so much (review to come) the liner has got to work for me!  Plus, I desperately need one because my Lancome Artliner is just too expensive to be using everyday!  At first, I had a hard time even getting the product picked up in the felt tip liner.  Then it had problems applying.  Imagine my frustration at trying to get the line going and the liner is not applying smoothly, but of course, I don't have time to try and fix it, so I have to remove it and take off for work.  I kept trying to get it going on my hand before applying it on my lash line to no avail.  Finally, one day, it worked.  It didn't smudge during the day and wore fantastically.  Then it came to removing it.  It was extremely hard to remove and I think that I nearly rubbed my eye area raw. Think of getting pen ink on you, and you wet your thumb and you try and rub it off, but it only smudges and spreads all over the surface of your hand.  This was very much like that experience.  Not fun.  Unfortunately, even though the product wasn't entirely awful, the removal was...and that was enough for it to earn a spot on this list.


Hope you enjoyed this! Feel free to link your loves or hates for the month below!

5 comments:

  1. Oh no, sorry to hear you didn't get on well with these products! I haven't tried them as we don't get them here in Ireland. But it's always frustrating when a product let's you down xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really don't want to be disappointed by products but sometimes....it just can't be helped. :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry these don't work out for you. I know exactly what you mean. Tried one product from the brand and have high expectation for other items. Lots of time, find myself using the product once or twice and have decided not to use it anymore. What a waste of money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try these formulas they look so nice :)

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is nice but I think that it wasn't appropriate for my skin tone. I think that you need to be light to fair for any colour to show. And...I think that there was way too much shimmer...I was a shimmer bomb! :P

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete