Sunday, January 8, 2012

2011's Most Played on my Playlist

I need to preface this by saying that I'm a HUGE trance fan.  As in, this is pretty much ALL that I listen to.  My husband, for Xmas one year had two 12 inch competition level subs installed in my pathfinder.  Can we say BASS????  I rock it every time I drive.  Not only does your liver vibrate, it's quite possible, after a ride with me, it may be displaced.  Other than the odd time that I'm listening to country music - because my husband is playing it and I don't have my phone on me to plug in to.  Oh yeah, my husband is a cowboy at heart. We are a weird combination, don't you agree?  At the same time, I will admit that I have those few guilty pleasures that we call pop songs.  And when I mean guilty, I mean, do not mention that I listen to them.  Though, I can proudly say that there isn't a single Justin Bieber song that ranks in my guilty pleasures playlist.  Please do not get Trance mixed up with House or Techno.  They are very different genres.  Trance is more melodic and not always in your face and repetitive.  Plus, we don't dress weird like those that listen to the others.

Here are the 10 most played songs in my playlist, in no particular order, as I play them all equally hard and loud!
The Thunder - Orjan Nilsen feat. Kate Louise Smith
Someone Like You - Adele (she is absolutely amazing!)
Rollin' In The Deep - Adele (the Linkin Park version rocks as well)
Levels - Avicii
Sundown - Chris Lake
Fire - Sunloverz feat. Rosette
Lights - Ellie Goulding (Dubstep Remix)
Little White Doves - EC Twins and Remy Le Duc Remix (can we saw awesome summer anthem?)
Beggin' You - Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren (Armin van Buuren Remix)
Sinners - Markus Schulz presents Dakota (Airfoil Remix) (Hey, not all remixes were made equal!)

Honourable Mentions:
Love You Like a Love Song - Selena Gomez & The Scene (Some Sort of Remix I found on iTunes) <-guilty pleasure.  Hey, I said no songs by the Biebs, but I didn't say anything about his girlfriend!
Stereo Love - Edward Maya feat.  Alicia (Original Mix)
Rapture - iio feat Nadia Ali (Armin VB Remix) <- I was very happy to see that they've remixed and re-released this song!!!
Sunshine - David Guetta & Avicii
C'mon - Tiesto & Diplo
Almost anything from Erik Arbores (to be fair, I discovered this VERY YOUNG phenom very late in December)
Down The Line - Orjan Nilsen (another great DJ)

I'm sure that there are many more that deserve honourable mentions, but I can't seem to think of them right now.

I'm a little disappointed that my fav dj, Tiesto doesn't have any songs on my first list, but that's the way it goes.  That's not to say that he didn't release some really awesome tracks, he did, but none made this list!


No comments:

Post a Comment