Thursday, January 12, 2012

Just Bitten - No, Not Talking about Twilight Sparkly Vampires



You know, I've never understood the attraction of Twilight.  It seems to capture the imagination of both young and old.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I like Science Fiction as much as the next person, but I just couldn't get into this.  I remember, my sister forced me to watch this movie and I ended up sleeping through half of it.  I rarely sleep through movies.  Strange.  Anyways, this post isn't to talk about weird sparkly vampires (another strange thing, I think that the writer, Stephanie Meyer is a fairly strict Mormon and yet, she's talking about supernatural.), we're here to talk about Revlon's Just Bitten.  It's similar to they lip butters, but it's a stain.  It's got the stain tip on one end and the balm on the other. 


The colour I purchase is called Passion and it's magenta-y pink type of shade.  Since I'm a heavy balm user, I find that I may run out of balm before I run out of stain.  Then, I'll just be carrying around this pen. Like most stains, it'll pick up all the fine lines and etc, so my solution to this problem is to put balm on first, then stain, and balm again.  Or skip out the second time.  When I swatched it on my hand, I did so without the balm underneath.  It stained it good.  I couldn't remove that stuff even with make up remover. I'm guessing, in theory, it'll eventually wear off during the day. 


My take: It's definitely NOT a product for me.  Not at all.  I found that I had to put on quite a bit of stain, not that my lips are super dark or anything, but my bottom lip, middle part would have this amazing splash of colour and the rest was nothing.  So I looked like i had half a geisha lip.  WTF?  So anyways, but the time that I got the rest of my lips looking fairly even, I had slathered way too much product!  Not only that, it was drying.  Even with the balm.  I tried to two ways.  One way was stain then balm.  Second way was balm, stain and balm again.  Neither worked very well.  It lasted all day, but not all of it.  By lunch time (after drinking tea and eating a muffin), all but the middle of my lip had no more stain on it.  THOUGH, I must say, i'm still wiping it off the middle part of my lip now (after dinner).  There is no particular smell or taste.  The balm seems to be like regular lip balm/chapstick.  Overall, because it's unsanitary to share lip products, it's going to be sacrificed to the garbage gods. No worries, I won't count this as pan.  Though - I did hit pan with last night with my LUSH BIG Shampoo.  Thank god I have two more waiting in the wings (see, what did I tell you about my crazy obsession to COLLECT things? No wonder my husband doesn't want to get a bigger place).


The colour is quite strong (or as the catch phrase seems to be, "quite pigmented" and there was a HUGE variety of colours.  They are a little more expensive than the Lip Butters.  I believe that I paid about $10.99 for mine at Superstore.  I'm sure that these can be found at any drugstore that sells Revlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment