Wednesday, January 25, 2012

EOS HAUL and DRAMA

I am a HUGE EOS lip balm fan.  I have never tried their shave cream (I current use e-shave and I believe that it's from the UK and it's absolutely awesome).  Unfortunately, where I live, there isn't much of a selection of EOS products - no matter where you go or how much you're willing to pay.  But, if you want any of the stick balms or the holiday ones, you'll have to either make a trip to the states or try and order it online.  


One day, I decided to see if i could purchase it on Amazon.ca.  I could...but it was going to cost me approximately $10 each!  CRAZY!  I don't know why I didn't do this first, but I then headed towards their actual website.  EOS Lip Spheres  Last time I was on there, they didn't have an online store, but this time around, they did!  I got VERY exciting knowing that I was nowthisclose to getting my holiday lip balms!  I quickly placed an order (see below for the full order) on January 2nd. Time passes.  Some more time passes.  Lots more time passes.  By now it's the 17th of January.  Now, I know that I'm not the most patient of people but....c'mon!!!!!  Finally, I'm kind of pissed and I email about the package because the last update that I had on my package through the USPS app is dated Jan 7th.  And sure enough...as I sent the email in the afternoon, I get a call in the afternoon from my husband that the package was here.  ARGGGHHH!!!  Don't you just hate it when that happens?  It's like trying to find something in the grocery store and you just can't find it and you stop an employee for help and sure enough, you're standing right beside it and the employee is looking like you're village idiot.  DUH!  Shipping drama aside, I was VERY excited for my package.  I ordered a lip sphere that I didn't manage to get last time I was in the states, three lip stick balms, a lotion and the holiday lip spheres.  EOS threw in a sample of their shave cream, which is nice because I wouldn't mind trying it, but wouldn't ever really buy it because I've already got a good cream.
From Left to Right, the products I got were as follows : Shave cream sample, Tangerine Medicated Lip Balm, PassionFruit Lip Balm, Strawberry Sorbet Lip balm, Berry Blossom hand lotion, Pomergranate Raspberry lip balm, Sweet Mint lip balm, and Vanilla Bean lip balm.  I'm not too sure if I should have picked up the tangerine lip balm because it is medicated...and I really don't have those issues that the medication in the balm is supposed to treat - cold sores....  I'll have to think on it.


For those that haven't ever used EOS lip balms before, here's a quick review.  Overall, I really like them.  I love the shape of them - they are super cute and super different.  The flavours that they come are unique..with summer fruit being my favourite right now.  They go on really, really, really light.  I usually like to feel the greasiness in my lip balm, but I actually quite like this.  Even though it's light, you can still feel it on your lips, but it never feels like it's drying out your lips. 


Hand Lotions are very watery.  They aren't greasy, but they also don't last long.  If I apply in the morning, I'll be reapplying in about two hours.  They do get absorbed into the skin right away, but if you have dry skin, this lotion is not meant for you.  It does leave a very soft and subtle scent behind, which I like.  I really hate smelling like lotion (ahem, JERGENS!), but this is nice and light - more like a misting of perfume or scent than lotion.  


When received the hand lotion, it was already expired, so now I'm debating whether or not I want to go through the trouble of getting a new one or just using it.  You'll go through it fast especially if you have dry skin like me.


Before I forget, EOS is 100% natural and 95% organic, hence everything has an expiry date on it.  It's also USDA organic certified, which is what I'm assuming is the gold standard for certified organic products in the states?  I love organic items.  I just feel with all the junk that we expose our bodies too, why not treat them to a little something natural and special?  Especially when these lip balms aren't really that much more than other lip balms...from say the Body Shop.


Would I order from EOS again?  Probably, now that I know that it takes forever for the shipping to happen.  I love their products and would definitely recommend their lip balms!




PS. I'm hoping that everyone (if applicable!) is having a Happy Chinese New Year!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love eos as well and I totally agree with you on the wateriness of the hand lotion...I did manage to get the Holiday edition as well, but from RW & Co, so if there is one in your area in sure saves you the cost and time of shipping. I ordered from their website before and I found the shipping a bit expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Tip! I'll definitely have to stop by RW&Co next time.

      Delete